The ruble strengthened at the General negative background

  • And
  • +A

Expect insignificant growth of the Russian market at the opening of trading due to price increase of Brent crude 1% to $62,7 on Friday. But the limiting factor for growth will be the combined dynamics of trading futures on global equity indices -0.3% to +1.3 percent. Investors evaluate negatively the intention of the US to raise tariffs from 10% to 25% in January 2019, was introduced in September 2018, on the import of goods from China in the amount of $200 billion and uncertainty to investors adds to the situation of Brexit, which is scheduled for the end of March next year, forcing them to borrow dollars against the British pound.
Plus, the Bank of Mexico raised interest rates, strengthening peso. Against this background, support the currencies of developing countries and markets, including the ruble. Was the payment of insurance premiums. Now, only a week will be payments on VAT, mineral extraction tax, excise duties, but preparations will start at the end of next week.
__________
Viktor Veselov,
Chief analyst,
Bank “GLOBEKS”